Whether it is investing capital to create additional jobs, bringing new life to a building or activating a public space, our philosophy is simple: effect positive change in Detroit and the communities we call home. Rock Ventures is a For-More-Than-Profit organization located in the heart of Detroit. Our mission is to strategically vet and pursue opportunities, align interests and provide key services across the affiliated companies, comprising founder and chairman Dan Gilbert's Rock Family of Companies.
As a For-More-Than-Profit organization we believe in doing well by doing good. When it comes to doing well by our team members and the communities we operate in, the question is never “are we doing enough?” The question should always be, “what more can we do?” Our organization seeks to attract diverse talent; engage, develop and retain team members; better engage with the community on issues of race, police brutality, equity and inclusion; and share our commitment so that we can drive the conversation forward.
Apply today to jump into a career that means more than just “going to work.”
- 7 years of experience in communications field
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- Experience managing crisis communications strategy with proven examples of success
- Social media knowledge, including the ability to customize and promote messaging across multiple social platforms
- Proven experience securing media coverage in print, online and broadcast media
- Experience delivering creative and interesting solutions to complicated challenges
- Strong writing skills with a proven track record of writing in different voices for a multitude of audiences
The Director, Communications develops and executes impactful internal and external communications campaigns. They work closely with the media to tell impactful stories and with internal team members to inspire and drive the culture.
- Communicate and embodythe culture, vision and overall direction of the team
- Lead, guide and evaluate the work of direct report team members and/or leaders
- Work with senior leadership to implement the strategic plan for communications
- Develop and execute large-scale communications campaigns
- Create and innovate new ways to communicate business area level messages across various communication platforms
- Develop and nurture lasting relationships with a diverse base of media, with a focus on national news media
- Prepare written materials in multiple styles to appeal to a variety of audiences and demographics while maintaining core messaging
- Participate in crisis communications and strategy development and implementation
- Manage crisis situations, serving as a go-to point of contact for both the media and internal stakeholders
- Plan and manage press tours, conferences and events
- Ensure a high level of editorial review, consistency and quality across all organizational communications
- Maintain knowledge of the most current communications techniques and practices and use that knowledge to continue to enhance communication efforts
Benefits and Perks
Our team members fuel our strategy, innovation and growth, so we ensure the health and well-being of not just you, but your family, too! We go above and beyond to give you the support you need on an individual level and offer all sorts of ways to help you live your best life. We are proud to offer eligible team members perks and health benefits that will help you have peace of mind. Simply put: We’ve got your back. Check out our full list of Benefits and Perks.
Who We Are
Detroit-basedRock Ventures serves and connects Rocket Mortgage Founder and Cleveland Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert’sportfolio of more than 100 companies. The Family ofCompanies’missionisto increase growth, innovation and prosperity inthe cities inwhichits thousands of team memberslive, work and play. Key initiativesincludereal estate development,community investments andeconomicdevelopment.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Apply Online: https://www.myrocketcareer.com/job-detail-page/17898542/director-communications-detroit-mi/